Larry was born in Anigua, Guam, and grew up in Sinajana, where he was active in the community and island-wide sports program, playing baseball, softball, basketball, and football. He attended George Washington High School, and after graduation, he was employed by Pan American Airlines.
He later enlisted in the US Air Force and went on to serve 30 years, retiring at the rank of Chief Master Sergeant (CMSGT). His assignments include the following:
- Lackland Air Force Base (AFB) Air Training Command (ATC), San Antonio, Texas
- Technical School, Amarillo AFB, Texas, (ATC)
- 37th Munitions Maintenance Squadron, Walker AFB (SAC), Roswell, New Mexico
- 79th Aerospace Rescue and Recovery Squadron (ARRS – MAC), Andersen AFB Guam
- Detachment 10, 38th Aerospace Rescue and Recovery Squadron (ARRS—MAC), Bien Thuy Air Base, Republic of South Vietnam
- 1155th Technical Operations Squadron (AFTAC– HQ USAF), McClellan AFB, Sacramento, California
- US Naval Facility, Ritidian Point (Detachment 428, 1156thTechnical Operations Squadron , AFTAC, HQ USAF), Guam
- Headquarters, North American Air Defense Command (HQ NORAD/ADCOM), Cheyenne Mountain Complex, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Southwest Pacific Region, Defense Communication Agency, Clark Air Base, Republic of the Philippines
- Headquarters, Air Force Systems Command (HQ AFSC), Andrews AFB, Maryland
- Pentagon (Headquarters, USAF), Washington, DC.
After his military service, Larry was employed with the Department of Defense (DOD), serving at Headquarters, Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA), Washington, DC, as an Educator Recruiter and Educator Licensure Certification Officer. When the DoDEA schools were to be established on Guam in 1997, he was sent to Guam to recruit educators to staff the schools. Larry was instrumental in the successful establishment of the DoDEA Guam Schools. He served with the DoDEA for 15 years, retiring in June 2007.